With the advent of technology, many financial institutions in Nigeria have come up with innovative ideas to make financial transactions more accessible to people.
The financial sector has seen a significant shift in recent times, and many FinTech companies are now providing convenient and affordable financial services.
See this: Kuda vs Opay: Which is Better?
What Is Opay?
Opay is a financial technology company that started in Nigeria in 2018. The company is part of Opera Limited, a Norwegian-based company that is well known for its internet browser, Opera Mini. Opay aims to revolutionize the Nigeria financial sector.
What Are The Services Offered By Opay?
Opay offers different financial services to its customers. Some of them include;
- Airtime Recharge: With Opay, you can easily recharge your phone and that of your friends and family. All you need to do is enter the phone number and the amount you wish to recharge.
- Bills Payment: Opay allows you to pay your utility bills such as electricity bills, cable TV bills, and water bills, all from the comfort of your home.
- Money Transfer: Opay makes it easy to send and receive money with just a few clicks on your phone.
Read Also: Palmpay vs Opay: Which is Better?
What Is Owealth?
Owealth is a subgroup of OPAY, the company aims to provide affordable investment opportunities for people who want to grow their wealth. Owealth offers different investment options, such as mutual funds, stocks, and bonds.
What Are The Investment Options Offered By Owealth?
- Mutual Funds: Owealth offers mutual funds that customers can invest in. Mutual funds allow customers to invest in a diverse portfolio of stocks, bonds, and other assets.
- Stocks: Owealth also provides its customers with the opportunity to invest in individual stocks. Customers can buy and sell stocks using the Owealth platform.
- Bonds: Owealth offers customers the opportunity to invest in bonds, which are fixed-income securities that pay interest to investors.
What Are The Significant Differences Between Opay And Owealth?
Although both Opay and Owealth are financial technology companies that started in Nigeria in 2018, they differ in their services. Let’s take a look at this
- Opay’s services are focused on making financial transactions more accessible and convenient for Nigerians.
The company provides services such as airtime recharge, bill payment, and money transfers. On the other hand, Owealth’s services are centered on investment opportunities that allow customers to grow their wealth.
- Opay’s services are geared toward individual customers who want to conduct financial transactions easily and quickly. Owealth’s services, on the other hand, are geared towards customers who want to invest their money and grow their wealth over time.
- Opay’s services are more suitable for customers who need to conduct financial transactions frequently, while Owealth’s services are more suitable for customers who want to invest their money and see their wealth grow over time.
- Opay is a subsidiary of Opera Limited, a Norwegian-based company that is well known for its internet browser app known as Opera Mini. Owealth, on the other hand, is a wholly-owned Nigerian company.
- Opay’s services are currently available in Nigeria, while Owealth’s services are available to customers in Nigeria and other African countries.
Similarities Between Opay And Owealth
- Technology-Driven: Both Opay and Owealth leverage technology to provide their services. Opay has developed a mobile app, while Owealth has an online platform, to offer their respective services.
- Customer-Centric: Both companies focus on providing convenient and affordable services to their customers. Opay’s services are geared towards individuals who need to conduct financial transactions quickly and easily, while Owealth’s services aim to provide investment opportunities for individuals who want to grow their wealth.
Read Also: Opay vs. M. Pesa: Which is the Best?
- Online Security: Both companies take online security seriously and have implemented measures to protect their customers’ personal and financial information.
Can I withdraw my trial cash on OPay?
Yes, but please be aware that only the interest you earn on your trial cash can be withdrawn.
How much can I invest in OPay?
You can invest as high as 100,000 Naira in your Opay. No risk is involved. Download their app and create an account with them today.
Is Opay the richest bank in Nigeria?
In terms of wealth, Opay is the second-largest bank in Nigeria.
That’s all about the closer analysis of the Differences Between Opay And Owealth. Hope you found it refreshing, entertaining and educative. Don’t forget to read our previous blog post about Opay.
Thanks for reading