In today’s article we will be discussing fully about Dialyvite which will include the generic name of Dialyvite, the side effects, the usefulness and so on.
What Is Dialyvite ? (Dialyvite meaning)
Dialyvite is actually a prescription folic acid supplement which is being used with some other additional nutrients which is being used for kidney dialysis patients. Dialyvite is actually a round and a small light pink clear coated tablet.
Dialyvite generic name
What does Dialyvite contain?
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin c ) 100 mg
- Biotin 300 mcg
- Riboflavin 1.7 mg
- Methylcobalamin ( Vitamin B12 )6 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (Calcium Pantothenate) 10 mg
- Thiamine (Thiamine Mononitrate) 1.5 mg
- Pyridoxine HCl ( Vitamin B6 ) 10 mg
- Folic Acid 1 mg
Inactive ingredient in dialyvite
Dialyvite inactive or excipients contains starch , Polyethylene Glycol,
What Is the dosage form of Dialyvite ?
Generally dosage forms are the forms in which drugs are being made so the dosage forms of Dialyvite are tablet coated .
Dialyvite Side Effects
All the side effects information that will be provided in this article will all contain information with iron and multivitamins. Although there are some dosage forms that will be listed in this article that may not necessarily apply to the Dialyvite brand.
Side effects of Dialyvite includes ;
i. Belly pains
iii. Bitter taste in the mouth
v. Throwing up
vi. Changes of stool colour
vii. Not hungry
Although this might not be all the side effects that may occur when this medication is taken. If anyone taking this medication experiences chronic side effects then they should inform their Doctor for medical advice.
This medication should be taken away from children that are below the age of 6 years. The overdose use of iron can cause deadly poisoning in children that are younger than the age of 6. If eventually this drug is being taken by younger children by accident then calling your doctor or poison control center right away is the best option to go with.
Although there are some side effects that may occur, they’re very rare. Side effects like peeling skin, rash, swollen, tightness in the throat or chest, hives, swelling of the lips, mouth, throat or tongue.
If you experience all these side effects do not hesitate to inform your doctor immediately and seek medical help.
You can also report all the side effects you experience to >>
Frequently Asked Questions
What are minerals and vitamins ?
According to www.kidney.org minerals and vitamins are essentially substances they have been needed In your body which will help you carry some important functions in the body.
They help to get energy from all the food you eat, which will help to repair tissues in your body and maintain life. This means that they are very useful and they have great functions In human body. However if you are on dialysis or you have any kidney problem or diseases then you might not really be getting enough.
Then you might be wondering about how to know if you’re not getting enough minerals and vitamins. Well generally we all get minerals and vitamins from the food we eat, Because your body can’t make all these substances. People that actually has healthy kidneys and eat varieties of food can actually get sufficient or enough minerals and vitamins from the food they eat.
But for someone who is on dialysis or chronic disease, their diet can actually be limited to some type of food group. And this can lead to not getting all the essential minerals and vitamins that are being needed for the body , so that is why they need to get those minerals and vitamins in the form of supplements.
The best option is for your healthcare professional or kidney dietitian to help you to find the best supplements that will contain the minerals and vitamins that will suit you the best.
Why do I Actually need varieties of Minerals and Vitamins ?
Like we said earlier for anyone who has kidney diseases, the disease changes their need for some nutrients.
READ ALSO : t189 ( oxycodone hydrochloride )
Here are some Reasons below ;
1. All the waste products that usually build up in the body everyday can actually change the way the body uses minerals and vitamins.
2. Medicines being taken can actually change the way the body uses some certain Minerals and vitamins.
3. When the dialysis treatment is going on there are some Vitamins that are lost.
4. When a patient with chronic kidney diseases can follow some special diets which can make them miss some certain Minerals and vitamins from foods.
Which supplements Do you need to take ?
Taking this type of supplement actually depends on your Health and also some other factors. But the most best supplements that could be recommended to you by your doctor are listed below ;
1. B Complex
These are type of Vitamins that are being grouped together but each of them has a specific functions and jobs to do.
Vitamin B12, B6, alongside with folic acid works together with iron for the prevention of anemia. Having anemia simply means that there isn’t enough or sufficient red blood cells. One of the main work of red blood cells is to actually carry oxygen from the lungs to all other parts of the body.
Additional B vitamins, like riboflavin, thiamine, niacin, pantothenic acid can as well also he given as a supplement. All these Vitamins works to change all the food you eat into energy that your body can actually use.
If you take medications to treat anemia, then you might actually need to take iron pills or iron injectables. Note : You can only take iron only if your doctor prescribes it for you.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is actually being used to help keep many types of tissue healthy. It helps to heal bruises and wounds more faster and also prevent infections in some cases. Vitamin c can also be needed in your treatment.
4. Vitamin D : which is widely very important for healthy bones. Vitamin d can be taken as a pill or through injectables during dialysis treatment.
5. Calcium : Calcium helps in keeping ones bone healthy. However it is very important for someone who has chronic kidney problem to always take only the amount of calcium that is being prescribed to them. Because too much of calcium could actually causes clump together with phosphorus which can then deposit in your lungs, blood vessels, heart, other body tissues.
Why you need dialyvite
Like we have explained earlier you need minerals and vitamin as they are very essential to humans Health. Patients with chronic diseases might not be able to take all classes of food due to some cases.
READ ALSO : metronidazole para que sirve
And that is why it is important to take supplement to get all the necessary Vitamins and minerals. Dialyvite contains all the vitamins and minerals that are very essential for your health. And that is highly recommended. If you intend on using dialyvite you should ask your doctor’s opinion about it before you start using it.